Monday, May 10, 2010

J is for Juggler



Once upon a time there was a little clown-girl who lived in a small purple-blue world. she wore an oversized red suit with a round orange collar and big yellow balls for front buttons, her face had a huge red painted-on smile and her hair hung around her face in heavy dark brown locks.

Everybody loved the little clown-girl, her big painted-on smile was contagious, it didn't matter whether or not it was genuine. it made the purple-blue people content. and that was enough.

Juggling was the other reason they loved her
she was VERY good at it.
give her all sorts of different things and she could effortlessly juggle them, she would start with just two things in the air, the rest in her tiny hands. people would stand and watch the circle of floating objects get larger and larger.
she never dropped a thing!

I stood behind the crowd and watched her juggle, I wanted to be just like her, with her shiny suit and her contagious painted-on smile...
I loved her, I hated her, I wanted to be her
but I could never juggle like she could, I could never keep all things in the air. I couldn't make people smile at me, and if I ever tried to make them laugh, I knew they wouldn't be laughing for me, but at me!
I was the one supposed to be in the clown-suit, not her!
I stood in the dark and listened to people clap as she juggled...
she was naturally talented, born to be a star.
and I just stood in the background and envied her abilities to handle the spotlight...
I should have stuck around till the show was over, I should have been there to watch the eye make-up smudge as tears rolled down her cheeks...
poor little clown-girl in the small purple-blue world, still in her shiny oversized red suit with the round orange collar and big yellow balls for buttons, juggling the whole world with her teary eyes and her painted-on smile.

6 comments:

  1. that was sad...
    but I'm glad u're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :)
    I'm just better with sad stories that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEP! I can see that :)
    wonder what made u think of such a story though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mostly I don't think of what I'm going to write, I just get images in my head, sometimes they're so vivid, I have to put them down :)
    in this case it's a little bit of that and a little bit of the fact that I was gonna write about "juggling"
    I AM the clown girl, I just didnt want to write too many of my life details...
    I hope you like it though, I did the artwork btw, part of the "visualization" I'm telling you about

    ReplyDelete
  5. the artwork is simply wonderful! I like how u chose not to show all her face..
    hey, at least u're good at something to the extent of being envied and being a star! well, I wish I knew what it is so I can tell u I like it :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. :\ Love it gal. I totally see you in it, seebek that i love the artwork (you already know i love all your artwork)..
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete